Skip To Main Content

Meal Account Balances Transfers & Refunds

Food Service

What happens to my student’s meal account balance over the summer?

All balances, negative and positive, will remain in the account over the summer. The balance will transfer to the next school if the child moves buildings.

Transfer Food Service Funds Request

To request a food service account transfer from one student to another student within ISD728, please fill out this form:  Transfer Request - 2023-2024

Refund Food Service Funds Request

To request a food service account refund, please fill out this form:  Refund Request - 2023-2024

Graduating Seniors - Food Service Account Balance Options

Seniors who are graduating, the Food Service Department will generate food service meal account refunds. Any funds remaining will be applied against other outstanding fees first, and then a payment refund will be automatically generated. 

As in past years, there are 2 alternative options for Graduating Seniors:

  1. Request the balance be transferred to a younger sibling. 
  2. Request the balance be donated to the District to help other families in need.

If either of these options are of interest to you, please complete the form below before Wednesday, May 29, 2024.

2024 Food Service Meal Account Transfer/Donation Request Form for Graduating Seniors 

If you prefer a refund, there is no need to fill out the form.  Please allow 4 to 5 weeks for processing. The refund will be mailed to each household.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we are processing a large number of refunds during this time.

Contact Us!

LeAnne Murphy
General Manager of Food Service
 leanne.murphy@isd728.org763-241-3400 x1351

Mel Francis
Assistant General Manager of Food Service
763-241-3400 x1350

Aaron Kneeland
District Chef/Operations Manager
763-241-3400 x1354  

Melissa Lowe
Administrative Assistant
763-241-3400 x1267

Patti Naugle
Application for Educational Benefits

Quick Links